11/19/2012

ella's bellas

I have had many great and transformative food moments in my life and while it will always be my goal to be able to sit down at anyone's table and eat what I am served, I have, in recent years, been enlightened to the benefits of more restrictive diets and the delights that they have to offer.  The first time I was introduced to gluten-free food, I pretty much ran the other way.  The bread was soggy, almost slimy, and I figured that if I ever had to go that way, I would just avoid those things that contained gluten (bread, pasta) rather than suffer through their poor imitations.

Last month I had the pleasure of shooting Ella's Bellas in Beacon.  This is a vegan and gluten-free cafĂ©/bakery but there is really no point in mentioning that unless you suffer from gluten or lactose intolerance.  The food is delicious and inventive and to be enjoyed by all.  And the crust on the baguette fooled my mom which is no small feat.

















1 comment: